Chris Knudsen is a partner with Serpe, Jones, Andrews, Callender & Bell, PLLC. For more than a decade, Mr. Knudsen has represented clients in a broad range of civil litigation matters, including commercial litigation, health care liability, medical malpractice, employment, products liability, premises liability, personal injury, and wrongful death law. Mr. Knudsen regularly represents local and national companies, including Fortune 500 companies, against a wide array of claims for personal injury, property damage, and economic loss. Mr. Knudsen has extensive experience in representing health care providers in medical malpractice, health care liability, and contractual matters.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Health Care
- Medical Malpractice
- Employment Law
- Products Liability
- Premises Liability
- Construction Law
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Commercial Litigation Experience includes prosecuting and defending a variety of commercial cases, including cases involving breach of contract (sale of goods, construction, franchise, license, employment, and covenants not to compete), breach of warranties, misappropriation of corporate assets and trade secrets, tortious interference, breach of fiduciary duties, the Uniform Commercial Code, the McGregor Act, the Residential Construction Liability Act, and the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Act.
- Health Care Litigation Experience includes matters involving the credentialing and peer review of physicians, alleged violations of Anti-kickback and Stark Law, and insurance and managed care disputes.
- Medical Malpractice Experience includes defending hospitals, physicians, nurses, and product manufacturers against a variety of medical malpractice claims.
- Employment Law Experience includes defending employers against various claims of discrimination, retaliation, whistleblower actions, and wage and hour disputes.
- Products Liability Experience includes defending manufacturers (including manufacturers of automobile air bags, televisions, security cameras, railroad cars, and industrial pumps, valves, and cables) in a wide variety of product liability cases, some of which arose from house fires, prison riots, exposure to toxic materials, and personal injuries on railroads.
- Premises Liability Experience includes defending owners of industrial plants, hospitals, restaurants, hotels, amusement parks, funeral homes, in a wide variety of premises liability cases.
- General Personal Injury Experience includes prosecuting and defending a variety of personal injury cases, including injuries resulting from automobile accidents, alleged Dram Shop violations, railcar accidents, food consumption, and actions of off-duty police officers acting as security guards.
- South Texas College of Law, JD, cum laude, 2003
- Baylor University, Bachelor of Business Administration, 2000
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
Memberships and Affiliations
- Houston Bar Association
- InterProfessional Drug Education Alliance (IDEA)
Publications & Appellate Decisions
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel, Employment Law Newsletters
- Emerging Trends in Non-Compete Agreements: A Light Decision,TADC Winter Employment Law Seminar 2009
- Carruth v. SCI Texas Funeral Services, Inc., 221 S.W.3d 134 (Tex. App.—Houston [1st Dist] 2006, no pet.)
- CHCA Bayshore, L.P. v. Ramos, 388 S.W.3d 741 (Tex. App.—Houston [1st Dist.] 2012, no pet.)
- Frontera Generation LP v. Mission Pipeline Company, No. 13-12-002265, (Tex. App.—Corpus Christi 2012, no pet. h.).